Tamara Nailer - Physiotherapist
Tamara has been practicing physiotherapy for 18 years. She brings a wealth of experience in treating neuromusculoskeletal conditions to Cobourg Spine and Sports Injury Clinic. Tamara utilizes a variety of techniques to rehabilitate complex neuromusculokeletal conditions, including manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, acupuncture/dry needling and neural mobilization.
Tamara completed her first degree in Physiotherapy at The University of Western Ontario and spent her early career focused on sport physiotherapy treating athletes of all ages and spending many hours on the field covering games and events. She received her Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy in 2007.
In 2008 she returned to UWO to complete a Masters of Clinical Science in Manipulative Physiotherapy (the highest degree available in Canada for Orthopaedic Physiotherapists). She is now a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy. Her extensive post graduate course work includes vestibular rehabilitation (for vertigo, dizziness and concussion management), and Integrated Dry Needling (for myofascial pain and trigger point release).
Tamara has called the Cobourg area home for the last 15 years and now lives in Alderville with her family. When not treating patients Tamara looks forward to time with her family, riding horses, practicing yoga and cheering on her boys at the arena.
She looks forward to joining the team at Cobourg Sport and Spine Injury Clinic.
Physiotherapy is a medical science concerned with the assessment, maintenance, and restoration of the physical function and performance of the human body by:
- Improving and maintaining functional independence and physical performance.
- Preventing and managing pain, physical impairments, disabilities and limits to participation; and
- Promoting fitness, health and wellness.
- Physiotherapy’s unique contribution to health care stems from it’s advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well, and how to restore mobility.
Our approach to physiotherapy is focused on you. We assess your condition, treat your symptoms and work to identify any root cause or predisposition towards your condition. This comprehensive approach helps us prescribe the best course of treatment, which speeds your recovery, improves your outcome, and helps to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manual Therapy
- Integrated Dry Needling / Acupuncture
- Modalities (Ultrasound, Electrotherapy)
- Prophylactic, Athletic and Kinesio Taping
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Preoperative and Postoperative Education and Rehabilitation
- Sport Specific Rehabilitation Programs
- Concussion Management
- Neurological Rehabilitation (Stroke, Parkinson’s, TBI)
- Balance, Gait Assessment for Mobility Aid
At Cobourg Spine and Sports Injury Clinic we offer direct billing to most insurance companies.
We also handle MVA, WSIB and Veteran Affairs as well.